Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Around the House


OFFICE UPDATE:
Nailheads are finally done! I bought the nailheads at a local fabric store (Cotton Capers). They are originally from D.A.D.S. and the perfect size and color. For only 5 cents each, this custom touch cost me less than $15. Even though it was tedious to do, it was very worth it if you ask me! Click here to see Home Office Round 1 and Round 2 posts. We've come a long way!

I recently had this slipcover made for our sofa. At first, I was hesitant to go with the stark white, but I know I can bleach it if when an accident occurs!

And you know how I love bartering! While Jackie was here measuring the sofa, she mentioned she needed new business cards. I told her that I was a graphic designer, and one thing led to another. So, while she was measuring I designed these little cards, and she left with a CD ready to take to a printing shop. I was quite excited about this exchange, so I had to share that tid-bit of info :) Give Jackie a call if you live around the Mobile area. She is wonderful to work with and did such a great job!
I bought the fabric at Hobby Lobby (yes, HOBBY LOBBY). It is white duck and cost a whopping $7.99/yd. Then, I printed off this coupon, which is available every other week. See below for my custom slipcover on a budget!
Lovin' my new Stray Dog lamp!! It's currently in a little reading corner in our bedroom. The striped shade makes me happy every time I walk into the room.
And finally, here's a shot of our herb garden's growth. Click here to see the before shots...
And Believe me, there are many other rooms in our house that are not "blog worthy" — these are just a few updates we've done recently! :)  Have a wonderful day!!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Ah! So the coupon is available every OTHER week? Good to know. I couldn't find it every time. Thanks for the heads up.

    Enjoy the white couch. It's so fun to decorate around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know it's crazy that's it every other week! You have to make sure and time it right:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your house looks beautiful! i have been on a house decorating kick lately.. feels like its never done. hope the new freelance is going great full time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is beautiful Hadley and I love the new white slipcover! So far, so good with our new white slipped Ektorp sofa. With a dog and 7 yr old kid I do keep a linen throw on mine all the time just to be safe.
    I'm heading to check out the beginning of your office area post. Love the nailhead trimmed bulletin board.
    xo~
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have great style! Both in prnt and decorative! Where did you get your Wing Back Chairs? I have been looking for some forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the nailheads around the pinboard behind the desk! Your home is really beautiful...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...