Friday, March 11, 2011

my home office, round 2


A follow-up from my previous home office post...

The chair is here! I came home yesterday from work and to my surprise...my chair had arrived! The woman at Ballard told me it would be delivered in mid-April. She was wrong, but I'm not complaining! I love it and couldn't be happier with it. SO glad I followed my mom's advice and didn't go with a solid off-white fabric. How boring! The space needed a punch of color in a bad way!


The chair works with the blue/green colors throughout our home...which I think is important. I like rooms to flow well, and this chair is a great transition from the living room to the den.


Plus, a few custom details that make my life SOO much easier!
1) a place to put our mail and bills, etc

2) Hidden eye-sores! A built-in sliding drawer for my printer. Notice...all wires are hidden in the back of the drawer, so no one can see them!
3) An organized place for my binders...woo-hoo! :)

4) Two filing drawers

5) And finally, this adorable Florentine trash bin. I found it an antique store and talked the owner down to $35. It's handpainted and made in Florence, Italy...so I thought that was a steal!

That's it for now...next step is to figure out what I'm gonna do for the backsplash. I'm thinking maybe corkboard? Not sure if I want to paint the corkboard or wrap it in fabric. I love the natural look and texture of this sisal board. And I love the idea of adding nailhead trim like this.....so who knows...

Any suggestions are welcome! until then, I gotta get to work!

Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Really cute! I love the material on that chair. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Meg! The best thing about that fabric is that it's outdoor fabric, so I don't have to worry about getting it dirty. Have a great Saturday...Beautiful weather here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Hadley! SO cute!! Like mother like daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My vote is the burlap with nailhead! :) looks fab hadley. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have inspirted me! I was up til midnight last night drawing out our office and trying to find the perfect furniture to keep me organized. I'm tired of spreading out on the dinning room table or squeezing into John's grandfather's tiny desk! I went with ballard as I love their stylish yet functional office furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great. I love that little trash can and it looks so familiar. I have a lot of Florentine stuff in my home that was passed down from my grandmother and great aunt.
    xo~
    T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just discover your blog and love it! Kisses from Spain ;) www.missdelicate.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...