Monday, April 11, 2011

RACEDAY

I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do..but I'll start today with last Thursday... McCoy's Outdoor Ladies Night. McCoy's is a wonderful outdoors store in Mobile, and is the "go-to" for all things sports, hunting, fishing, you name it. They hosted and co-sponsored the event with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training, and it was a huge success. The brand new event included local vendors with products and services that all ladies love. I didn't have a table (per my request, McCoy's couldn't have been nicer!), and I basically mixed and mingled (tried on workout clothes)...But hey, they were up to 50% off so who could resist? So, I guess I can say I was a vendor, right? Either way I had fun and met some great people...so thanks McCoy's, and maybe next time I'll get my act together and have a professional space, or maybe just continue to increase your sales for the night!
But the vendor that I was most excited to see was RACEDAY!


I designed the RACEDAY logo and memorabilia book a little over a year ago. Lauren Kapeluck (pictured above) is the founder of RACEDAY. Lauren realized after completing several marathons, that there wasn't a scrapbook or a good way to record each event. So...she came up with a memory scrapbook that contains all race day memories! The idea behind it is genius, and Lauren was so wonderful and easy to work with. I loved getting to know her throughout the entire design process.
Front cover is chipboard with diecut window revealing the RACEDAY logo, back cover is chipboard.

RACEDAY book has sections to hold memories for 10 races.

Chipboard foldout page to display race photos, book includes photo corners to adhere photos.
Book includes white photo corners. What a perfect solution to display and preserve your race statistics, bib numbers and photos...

And finally, I can't not mention Lauren's other passion...Baking. Check out her AMAZING blog, Crave. Indulge.Satisfy. I don't know how she has the time (or energy) to promote RACEDAY, and bake and blog like a superstar..and have another FULL time job, but she does! She's amazing, and I'm kinda a big fan!

Here are some pics of Lauren's Nike inspired red velvet cake tops at the McCoy's Ladies Night. They were delicious, and what a cute, creative concept! Nike running shorts + red velvet cake = perfection.
SO thanks Lauren, you are truly inspiring in every way!! Click here to purchase a RACEBOOK. What a perfect gift for any runner!
And Finally, TOMORROW I'll be drawing names from my follower list for the FREE Personalized Stationery GIVEAWAY! Don't wait too long and miss your chance!!

And thanks so much for your sweet post, Lauren! I am so honored to have designed your RACEDAY logo and book, and I hope you sell millions of these fabulous books! I'd love to work with you in the future and any other brilliant ideas you have! Click here to read the post by Crave.Indulge.Satisfy.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hadley, what an awesome surprise to wake up to this morning at 5:45AM when I'm heading out for a run to be featured on your blog! I am so honored you have included my RACEDAY book on your site! Thanks again for helping me design such and awesome product! Hope your design business is doing amazing, you are so talented and I can't wait to work with you on future projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your post, Lauren. It made my day!
    http://craveindulgesatisfy.blogspot.com/2011/04/nike-shorts-inspired-cake-pops.html?showComment=1302728039026#c5906303472326372034

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...