Monday, April 29, 2013

spring fever


Spring has sprung, and after years of dealing with the azalea bushes we inherited (which were literally drowning the front of the house), we decided to re-landscape our front yard. Right now, our front yard is bare...nothing but dirt! But everything should be complete this week and I can't wait to see the end result.

Since our front yard is off-limits, we spent some time working in the backyard this weekend. After about a year or so of neglect, it was time to finish raking, plant some flowers, and lay down new mulch.
 



We tackled this little area below, which is outside of our screen porch and a small walkway to the deck. It desperately needed some love and was looking mighty sad! We dug up the existing sod/dirt, planted simple plants, and put down new mulch. We used red mulch (because that's what the hubs came home with) because that's the color of the leaves that fall there, so it won't be as much upkeep.
 

We also tried to improve this little eyesore too. What a difference that made!


And every year we plant our herb garden. This year, I planted basil, oregano, parsley and mint. Our rosemary is the same plant from last year...you can't kill this stuff...which I love! See my previous herb garden posts here and here. I can't believe this is my 3rd year to blog about this. Time continues to fly by!
 
 

And for some reason, our mint does so much better in a pot by itself. I guess you live and learn, and I've learned mostly by trial and error.


 So with just one Saturday of work, Calder has a much friendlier backyard to play in :)




And I can't get enough of those little thighs and pig tails! I.could.eat.her.UP!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yard is great but no words for Calder..... Just no words!!!!! Maybe the cutest thing I've ever laid my eyes on???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...