Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Rediscovering a green thumb...

It's officially spring, and that means it's time to get outside and rediscover that long lost green thumb. I love working in the yard and getting my hands dirty. It's therapeutic for me in some weird way. My parents were in town from Chattanooga, so they were watching Calder while we worked outside. Lord knows I need some Vitamin D!

Every year we plant our herb garden — we love cooking with fresh herbs and it just makes everything taste so much better. See last year's post here. So, I decided to tackle it last weekend, and since we actually kept our parsley and rosemary alive from last year (I have no clue how that happened), I only had to replant basil, two kinds of mint (since I have a hard time keeping it alive), onion chives, and oregano.

Bruner was snapping away with the camera. It's hilarious. Ever since we got our new camera with a large lens, he all of sudden loves taking pictures. The zoom is great on the new lens, so you can find Bruner across the entire yard, zooming in like he's the paparazzi!

All I know is I look like Casper the ghost. Someone give this girl some color!

 

I LOVE this time of year, and it's hard to stay inside and work all day long, especially when there's a blue sky staring back at you. BUT, I've been so busy lately, that's exactly what we do. We love strolling outside, but other than that, you can find us here.

Here's my little design buddy. Wouldn't she melt your heart too??
And finally, here's a sneak peek of Calder's baby announcement. I sent them out yesterday (only took me 10 weeks!) but they are D.O.N.E.



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. She is so sweet! Love the new design box! Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are several steps ahead of me! i missed my normal planting window and still no birth announcements to be seen :) calder and her announcements were beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...