All I can say about this recipe is Y-U-M.
I made these oreo truffles last Christmas for my co-workers, my husband's co-workers AND our neighborhood, and can't tell you how many times I was asked for the recipe. Have you tried them? If not, you absolutely must and I promise you'll be hooked.
So I decided to make it a tradition and do it again this year. It also doesn't hurt that I'm 9 1/2 months pregnant (yes, pregnancy is actually 10 months!), so I was craving them and saved a bunch of extras! This is dangerous because they are my weakness :) My parents are coming in town this week, so let's hope they're a few left for them to enjoy...
- 8 oz. of cream cheese
- package of almond bark
- Crush the oreos in a food processor until they are completely crushed into powder.
- Mix oreos and cream cheese in a large bowl (kitchenaid mixer works well for this)
- Form into 1" balls and place on wax paper
- I placed the wax paper on top of a cooling rack b/c it's much easier to move around the kitchen
- Melt almond bark in a microwave (I melted ours on the stove top)
- Drop balls one at a time into the melted bark and coat well. I used a kitchen spoon for that step.
- Place them back on the wax paper.
- You can crush the extra oreos and use as a topping. I love sprinkles so that's what I use! Then stick them in the fridge until they cool.
They're a little messy but totally worth it! ENJOY!
images via chocolate and carrots